Thursday, February 4, 2010

"Valentines" you either Love It or Hate it!!!

Most of my life I have always liked Valentines Day. School parties and geting Valentines were always fun to me. Then when I got older in my teen years Valentines Day seemed a little different. No I never had a boy friend par say, so I never recieve anything from a so called Valentine but my mom always gave me something wether its was candy or something she always made me feel special. I truely think that is what Valentines is all about showing those you love that you love them. In my own home I raised 5 children out of the 5; 4 were girls. I can safely say 2 of my girls absolutely Hate, Hate, Hate Valentines Day. The reason is I'm sure because they never had a boyfriend around Valentines day. So one year many years ago I desided that I was going to soften the blow of that terrible day for one of my girls. I think she was in 10th or 11th grade. I decide to heart attack our front yard with fun notes just for her from an anonomous person supposibly a guy.....I spent all morning preparing the hearts and geting a special note written to her signed by a nieghbor next door so it would not be my handwriting so she would not recognize it. I believe I even got her a little something besides that a balloon and candy and the works. This was all to make her day more bright and that she would not hate that day. I truely don't know if it worked but I certianly had a fun day. If I remember correctly she actual saw right through my attempt and asked if I had done it. I played dumb but all in all she knew it was me. She now has her very own sweet Valentine of a husband and loves him dearly. So for all you girls out there who do not have that significant other do a kind thing for someone who is a friend and make their day a little brighter. You may still hate that day but it will make you feel good inside. Thats what VALENTINES is all about!!!!

2 comments:

  1. V-day is lame. and overrated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was ME!!! Yes, I knew it was you, and it was confirmed when Lori said 'Do you like what me and Mom did for you?!' and yes it did make me feel good and loved! Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete