Thursday, January 28, 2010

Do they sparkle!

I had the oportunity to go to Utah last week and visit my kids and beautiful grandchildren. My daughter Channi, her boys and I went up to Logan to visit Lori on Saturday. While driving Channi was looking through some of the pictures in my wallet. She found some real old pictures that brought back alot of memories. She came across pictures of one of her sisters she said look mom see how her eyes sparkle in these pictures and I said yes they did, then what she said was so profound. She said her eyes have lost the sparkle look at this one..... I agreed and our conversation went on. But this week I have been thinking allot about those sparkling eyes and I truely believe we all can have that through the gospel of Jesus Christ. It shines through all we do. It makes us happy and safe and confident and the best thing of all it is so, so true. I am glad I have it in my life with all the truth we need to return to our heavenly father. But i do know we can lose that sparkle and that to me is very sad. I was also reading a letter from a young man from our old ward who is serving a mission in Chili he is loving his mission. He shines in everything he does, everything is a possitive, he loves the people, he is excited for every new day, to work hard to share the gospel with those people down in Chili. He is so excited about what he is doing his eyes sparkle 100% what a wonderful example he is to me and his family. I am thankful for these missionaries.
I just hope we can have that light shine in our lives and let our eyes sparkle to all that see us.

1 comment:

  1. jacque,,, that is wisdom...I love when our children teach us. Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete